Thursday, March 5, 2009

I love my family. Tonight I mainly mean my grandparents, mainly my grandpa and grandma here in Winston. They are so beautiful to me. In my eyes, they are perfect even though I know they've done imperfectly. They have always been there for me and have supported my every step in the right direction.

I am almost crying right now because visiting them after getting off work at ten tonight, seeing their smiles and frowns, hearing their stories, reading them some of my writing and really feeling their encouragement... all of it just makes me realize how very good they are.

I'm terrified of losing them. I don't know what I'll do when I lose someone close to me, but tonight I mean them. I don't know how I will go on.

Tonight I will get down on my knees and pray for my family, but mostly in the name of my grandma and grandpa. For them to be treated with as much care as they've given me, and I will thank God for all of xer beauty in life, death, and between.

I have loved them as they've loved me: with everything and more.

I wish I had more to remember them and us by. All I have is old/bad photos and formal portraits.

I want them to have the impact on the world that they deserve. They are good people with good intentions and God always sets their path with tender care that takes a careful eye to see.

What can I do besides what they want me to? I need to dedicate my work to everyone I love, but they deserve a special kind of work. I want to tell the stories and share the photos and the interviews. They are so beautiful and good and full of love.

No comments: