Saturday, June 27, 2009

I just downloaded three more songs by David Bowie, because obviously you can never have enough Bowie. I have a feeling these three are rare just because they are extra weird. "Beauty and the Beast" has an especially odd opening.

I'm not doing well, lovelies. I'm pretty mad at some of my friends for lying to me, which sings clearly of underestimation on their part, because I am no fool. In response to the shocking realization of being used by my friends, I am retreating into isolation. I am losing weight, but I don't know how much because I don't weigh myself. I barely count calories. I just look in the mirror and restrict and binge and purge and thoroughly send myself spiraling into the bowels of hell. The sad part is that this time I know is has absolutely nothing to do with how much I weigh. I honestly don't think I'm fat. It's just a coping mechanism. I can tell how much I've slimmed down, even though I wasn't fat before that. I'm just... letting go.

I write really lusty poetry these days. I'm pretty sure I'm gay. I just wish rescue-relationships were readily available.

Fuck all of this.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Mia

as sad as it is to say. Most "friends" are only your friends because they get something out of it. And usually it isn't in a mean I'm gonna use you sort of way, but sometimes that happens, and you either forgive them for being stupid and untrustworthy, or you let them go and keep moving on with your life

because there are people out there who like you for you

as far as the losing weight thing
you need a healthier outlet
maybe you should start drawing again
you could do yoga
take a daily jog
or an every-once-in-a-while jog
you could cry
you could collect rocks
you could count things
you could read
you could cope by eating (healthy stuff)
you could learn a new language
you could people watch at a park

the point is there are several ways to cope with things without hurting yourself

because withering away into nothingness isn't going to solve your problems
probably just make them worse really because then you'll have to deal with a weakened immune system and other health problems that follow



...


anyways I hope that helped
you've always seemed to be a strong person to me
so I believe you can get through what ever it is that you are going through right now


p.s. David Bowie is a legend!

Claire said...

sweet sweet Mia. My heart hurts for you. ED is such a bitch. I have faith in you. Fight back. I know it's tiring and exhausting and extremely difficult to pull yourself out, but you've done it before, so you can do it again. I love you