Monday, June 9, 2008

I am putting my hope in the hands of the hopeless, the ne'er-do-wells thinking they know better than well. I'm feeling abandoned and lost, torn between bonds of every sort. You're dragging me down, please drag me down quickly before I fly away. These wings I've sprouted from my back move mechanically, clock-work angel tick-tock-ing along as she breathes in straight sulphur. Cyanide bride with pearls for eyes, loving me harshly with her words... I am taken in by no man, no lover on these hot nights where I am sweating bullets of my own accord. Cold nights, too, where I am wracked in shivers and dying of lonely, icy emotions.

My hope is no longer in your hands, but I'm wishing that it was again. These appointments are creeping up on me. Bloody, bloody days and nights. Daybreak and sunset, crawling across my horizon. Everyone forgets me when it comes down to it. The home stretch it telltale, and I've been forgotten. All of my worse nightmares are being realized.

No comments: