Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who is my idol, my ideal? Brody Dalle of the Distillers.



She's my hero. She has battled a lot of the same shit as me, and now she is a totally amazing badass. Her voice expresses all of the things my voice is too soft to say and let's me know that one day I will say them. I think she's drop-dead gorgeous and people who know of her say we look a lot alike. It helps--it really does. When I found out how much she weighed, it helped me learn that I don't have to be thin to be beautiful. I look at her body and think: she has a belly, she has hips, she has thighs... why shouldn't I? But, if you will also notice, she is quite muscular. She's a strong woman in every sense of the word. That is what I would like to be: strong. She is filled with so much power, and her aura exudes an intensity that can hardly be described. She isn't the modern beauty, nor is she the classic version. She's a mixture of the two, kind of like me, and that gives me hope. If I could just tell her one thing, it would be this: your words are real to me.








No comments: